The Greatest Show on Earth.....

We thought this would be the best & easiest way to keep all our family & friends up to date on our day to day happenings in Whistler. We'll try to make a post each day, however we're not going to fool ourselves. We're not young fella's any more and the days are going to be long. But we'll try our best to include as many of the highlights of our adventure of a lifetime as often as possible.

Bill Pratt & Mike Greer

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Kitchen Jokes

Just as I'm plating lunch for over 4000 people, I notice in the corner of my eye a young guy flapping a plastic garbage bag in the air trying to fill it up with air. Normally I'd stop and question what was going on but when your under the time-gun, it's one of those things that can wait.

30 minutes later I circle back to find out what the garbage bag event was all about only to find the chief steward needed his green dishwashers to gather air samples. Now I've heard of a lot of kitchen jokes but this was a first for me. Believe it or not, but I have a photo of the air samples neatly stored on the shelf in the back storeroom awaiting for someone to pick them up. Now why didn't I think of that one 20 years ago?

Olympic Bill

3 comments:

  1. that's funny! Are you sure you can spare the storage space :)
    thanks for the stats on the unbelievable quantities of of food. We are all in awe of the process. Seeing is believing with the skids of bananas and pounds and pounds of onions.
    Glad to hear about the amazing Volunteers. Good for them, and great of you and your team to do such a good job to keep up the morale.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious! thats a good newbie prank...a long time ago, when i was working in the officers mess @ CFB Calgary, a young cook tried to catch me with the "can you get me some red parsley" trick...i didnt fall for it, but an other FOS 5 totally jumped on the chance to impress cook...i'll have to remember that one for later...maybe Dad will fall for it!

    Heather MacAulay

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to send our Bar Backs acrosss the street to ask them for ice mix.. He would come back with a bottle of water ..LOL I ove the air samples...LOL

    ReplyDelete