The Greatest Show on Earth.....

We thought this would be the best & easiest way to keep all our family & friends up to date on our day to day happenings in Whistler. We'll try to make a post each day, however we're not going to fool ourselves. We're not young fella's any more and the days are going to be long. But we'll try our best to include as many of the highlights of our adventure of a lifetime as often as possible.

Bill Pratt & Mike Greer

Thursday, February 18, 2010

100,000 Meals in 4 weeks

Today we hit a milestone and celebrated it with a cake especially for us. Can you believe in just 4 short weeks we've hit the 100,000 meal mark? What a great moment it was for everyone to celebrate as the bride and groom got to cut the cake.

A few weeks ago I wrote a story on the bathroom test to tell us how good our food is (if your new to the site you'll have to scroll down to see what I mean). Last night on the bus ride home we got the bus test on our food, and it would seem as though we're doing a fantastic job, let me explain. As we're chatting up our daily stories on our "superstars" and the air quality in the hot and cold kitchen, bus patrons dressed as smurfs (another story earlier on) ask us if we're the Chef's running the Olympic village food services and we start up a conversation. As that conversation is going on, the guy beside me asks if this is the first Olympics I've worked, and I told him I had done the Salt Lake City Olympics as well, but it was for the IOC officials. He tells me he is impressed with the food, so I'm thinking he's one on the workers until he tells me this is his 5th Olympics and we are by far the best he's ever experienced. Can you believe I'm sitting beside one of Canada's Bobsled team members and he didn't even know my name? Let's just say the kitchen staff was exhilarated to hear that story, another morale booster for us.

A lot of companies can bulk feed customers, but we're doing it our way with style and finesse pleasing all our customers along the way and this is something we will be proud of for years to come.

Olympic Bill

1 comment:

  1. Love it!Good on ya!
    Gord wants to know if you feel like Joe Clark---"Bill who?"
    I'm waiting for there to be a feature on the TV coverage about the Olympic food. They cover everything else and a feature on the famous cooking staff would be WAAAAY more interesting than some of the other stats.
    Go Canada Go!

    ReplyDelete