The Greatest Show on Earth.....

We thought this would be the best & easiest way to keep all our family & friends up to date on our day to day happenings in Whistler. We'll try to make a post each day, however we're not going to fool ourselves. We're not young fella's any more and the days are going to be long. But we'll try our best to include as many of the highlights of our adventure of a lifetime as often as possible.

Bill Pratt & Mike Greer

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Smurfs on the bus

Each morning we hop on the bus with a large starbucks in hand and it seems like we're the only ones out of place because we don't have the Smurf  uniform to blend in with everyone else. The uniforms look great but when you have more than a half dozen of them in the same area it's like a sea of blue.

Not sure if many of you have ever travelled to Whistler, but it feels like I'm in a different country because everyone here speaks a different language and it's mostly Aussies. We have some guys from the UK in our kitchen that are the porters and they are some of the funniest and hardest workers I've ever seen. It's all about Football (soccer to us Canadians), but essentially their job is to follow behind us and clean everything from table tops to the grills and brat pans. We don't empty the garbage, mop floors, wipe tables or even put the pots in the pot area, and these guys do it all with a big smile on their face. Imagine that, cooks that get to cook and not clean behind themselves. The wife says not to get used to that because she'll break me of that habit the first meal I cook at home.

Olympic Chef Bill

6 comments:

  1. Hey Uncle! Thank you for helping me out. I leave for Vancouver on Wednesday and can't wait to get started working in Whistler. So excited to learn anything and everything my brain can absorb. See you soon sounds like it will be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about some more action photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great Chef Bill, however you may want to rethink the phrase "the wife", I worked with her and she didn't appreciate it when I used it to identify my wife. Looking forward to Sunday nights Iron Chef America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well good one, I was not going to give my comments publicly about "the phrase" but since it is brought up I guess it is valid....or someone knows me too much...Is this you Bob?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha...Yep Bill I was going to bring that phrase up too. Once you get home I will no doubt be able to watch you from your kitchen window cleaning up after yourself every night.

    Good luck guys.
    HM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I can see the Iron Chef, they don't get it here in Afghanistan! Jann says she'll PVR it for me. Good Luck guys!

    JB

    ReplyDelete