The Greatest Show on Earth.....

We thought this would be the best & easiest way to keep all our family & friends up to date on our day to day happenings in Whistler. We'll try to make a post each day, however we're not going to fool ourselves. We're not young fella's any more and the days are going to be long. But we'll try our best to include as many of the highlights of our adventure of a lifetime as often as possible.

Bill Pratt & Mike Greer

Sunday, March 28, 2010

We Came, We Fed, We Conquered...

I figured I'd wait for a week after getting home to make my final post.  I wanted to take the time to let it all sink in and be able to reflect on the experience with a clear head. A few of the highlights;

Over 320,000 meals prepared & served in a 2 month period, 12,000 a day in the height of the event.
Just over 600 skids of food received, weighing and average of 2000 pounds, for a whopping 1.2 million pounds.
Prepared by a team of approximately 180 people who came from all over the globe with one common goal.

Truly the most amazing experience of my life, and I've had many.  What I didn't expect or think of prior, was all the new friends for the rest of my life I'd meet.  Something which was common when I was in the military, but since I've been out for the past 10 years I'd forgotten the excitement of bonding with new found friends.  For me, this was without a doubt the best part of the entire experience.  It also wouldn't have been the same incredible experience if it hadn't been shared with my long time friend and comrade.  Thanks for bringing me along on one of your crazy adventures Bill, it'll be hard to top this one.  What's next, London 2012?  Who knows.

I know I speak for Bill when I say, thanks to everyone who followed our blog, made comments and showed your support.  As we mentioned before, the response has been overwhelming, yet humbling.

Cheers,  Olympic Mike :~)

1 comment:

  1. Mike and Bill, it was a blast working with you both at the Olympics, we had some great times. Loved reading your blogs! Keep in touch, and Mike did you really have to post that picture of me? lol j/k
    Anne Marcoux

    ReplyDelete