The Greatest Show on Earth.....

We thought this would be the best & easiest way to keep all our family & friends up to date on our day to day happenings in Whistler. We'll try to make a post each day, however we're not going to fool ourselves. We're not young fella's any more and the days are going to be long. But we'll try our best to include as many of the highlights of our adventure of a lifetime as often as possible.

Bill Pratt & Mike Greer

Monday, February 1, 2010

Iron Chef America

Someone told me that we lost on Iron Chef America last night and I'm wondering if they were watching the same show I was. Here I am competing on the hottest cooking show in North America with my buddy Michael Smith and Paul Rogalski and the scoring is decided by a soap opera star from the 80's or 90's?? What you didn't see in the show was us feeding the camera crew, why do you think they kept zooming in on us doing cool things like throwing avocado’s and stainless steel bowls and they caught Bobby Flay burning his orange reduction. Don't take my word for it, PVR the show and calculate the time the camera was on us and then on Flay. What I don't get was the originality and plating points awarded to Flai over us when all his plates were plain white. Can someone tell me if that lamb, chunky watermelon and avocado course was a Picaso art piece or his dessert?

All kidding aside, I want to Thank everyone for the ton of E-Mails and Blog hits over the past 24 hours, my blackberry has never been so busy. Our Iron Chef showing party last night was a blast and it felt good to have everyone cheering us on even after they announced the soap star took this gig instead of washing dishes in Hell’s kitchen?

Olympic Chef Bill

4 comments:

  1. Here Here, Bill. And I thought you were just praticing your basketball moves, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought Chef Smith's dishes were more creative than Flay. You go Chef Smith! Ask for a re-match and while you're at it, ask them to use an ingredient you work with on a regular basis. And maybe some Canadian judges would help too. Avocado? Not something native to Canada, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Bill! You guys definately had it hands down as far as Gus and I were concerned.

    Thanks for doing this blog. I have no idea where you find the time to do it, but I'm so glad you do! I love reading about this "once in a lifetime" opportunity for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the 3 judges were a bunch of south beach pansies, they didn't know what real food was like. Just like they wouldn't be able to handle that sandwich and beer like the rest of us maritimers! Thought you guys did awesome. Really liked seeing the Island Stone "plate".

    Enjoy Whistler neighbour Bill. Maggie wants me to say hi to Chef Michael Smith.

    ReplyDelete